“There is more to them than meets the eye.” We’ve uncovered some fun hidden facts that you may not know about our three executives chefs. Read through to find out who (or what) the Dark Knight is, which chef is a “deadhead” and who is a St. Louis Cardinals super fan!
EXECUTIVE CHEF DAN MOORE OF HENRY’S (Pictured Left)
- –A son of two American Diplomats, Chef Dan Moore was born in Bangkok, Thailand and spent much of his youth growing up overseas. He even spoke Thai before he spoke English!
- –Dubbed the “Dark Knight,” Chef enjoys hand washing his prized black Audi every Sunday.
- –This family man is the proud father of four sons, including a set of twins. One of their favorite family activities is skateboarding together.
- –Aside from living in Southeast Asia, he also lived in Milan, Italy, for five years where he graduated from the American School of Milan
EXECUTIVE CHEF JON GREENING OF DECK 84 (Pictured center)
- –Chef Jon Greening will soon be a first-time dad. His firstborn is due September 17.
- –Chef Jon Greening received his Bachelor of Science in Finance from Portland State University. While earning credits for a post-Bachelor degree in accounting, he became intrigued by Portland’s exploding culinary scene, which lead to his career change.
- —“Deadhead” Chef Jon spent several years following the Grateful Dead and Phish when he was in his late teens to early twenties.
EXECUTIVE CHEF PATRICK BROADHEAD OF BURT & MAX’S (pictured right)
- –Baseball fanatic Chef Patrick is a St. Louis Cardinals SUPER fan.
- –When not cooking for himself and his family his favorite dish is feijoad, a national dish of Brazil prepared by his wife, a native of Brazil.
- –Chef Patrick gained his love for cooking at a young age while on a Boy Scout camping trip. Having injured his hand three days before the trip, he was forced to stay behind during the excursions. The only thing he could do was cook. Seeing the troop enjoy his food was the defining moment his passion for cooking began.
Check out this article and more as seen in our seasonal newsletter, Rapoport’s Report! Click here for this summer’s issue.