Rapoport’s Quality Sourcing Standards
Here at Rapoport’s Restaurant Group we strive to exceed our guest’s expectations when it comes to food quality and we believe it starts from the ground, up (literally). Below you will find a detailed glimpse about some of the ingredients that go into our dishes at any one of our locations. From the frequent local farms we work with and the custom made proprietary blends to the Florida-based services we partner with.
Did you know... Rapoport’s Restaurant Group was asked by the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services to be the VERY FIRST restaurant group in the entire state to roll out the Fresh From Florida menu initiative. Fresh From Florida aims to encourage diners to buy locally-sourced food. The Fresh From Florida logo is included on our menus next to a dish that has at least two items grown in Florida.
The seasonal Florida farms that we are receiving produce and meat from include:
- Citrus fruits and peaches- Florida Classic/Dundee Citrus Growers. Localcopia has a co-op of over 200 growers. Picked up from Dundee and Lake Hamilton, both in Polk County.
- Strawberries- Wish Farms, Plant City
- Tomatoes- Spivey Farms, Plant City; Gary Reeder Farms, Manatee County; Alderman Farms, Boynton Beach; Whitworth Sales; Boynton Beach; E Perez and Sons Harvesting, Immokalee; Grown Clean, Indiantown; For specialty tomatoes and cherry tomatoes: Localecopia and Farm House. Farm House grows directly for Burt & Max's.
- Melons- Hunsader Farms, Bradenton
- Potatoes- Jones Potato Farm, Parrish
- Sweet Corn- RC Hatton, Pahokee; Wilkinson Cooper, Belle Glade
- Peppers- Pero Farms, Delray Beach; Lipman Produce, Immokalee; Bedner’s Farm, Boynton Beach; Whitworth Sales, Boynton Beach; Grown Clean, Indiantown; Alderman Farms, Boynton Beach
- Celery, radishes, beans, & cabbages- Wilkinson Cooper, Belle Glade
- Romaine Lettuce - Localecopia
- Lettuce- TKM Farms, Belle Glade
- Broccoli, Cauliflower- Goodson Farms, Plant City
- Cucumbers- Whitworth Sales, Boynton Beach.
- Zucchini, yellow squash- Goodson Farms, Plant City
- Mushrooms, White Cremini, Portobellas- Monterey Mushroom Farm, Zellwood
- Shiitake, Farm in Hillsborough County that is growing specifically for Localcopia
- Eggplant- Plant City
- Romaine- TKM Farms, Belle Glade
- Chicken- Pilgram's Pride, Live Oak, FL
The majority of bread is baked in house daily. Any bread that isn’t, is ordered locally from Old School Bakery, located in Delray Beach where every item is baked fresh every day.
We source fresh mozzarella from Mozzarita, which is handmade by the Italian-born owner in Pompano Beach using local ingredients.
Rapoport’s Restaurant Group has their own proprietary spice blends made just for us by R.L. Schreiber Seasonings, a Pompano Beach based family owned company founded in 1968.
Our special blend hamburgers, used at all of the locations, is a taste tested, custom mix just for Rapoport’s Restaurant Group that is made up of brisket, chuck and short rib.
Proud supporter and member of Localecopia, a service that delivers Florida grown produce spanning from Orlando to South Florida picking up fresh, seasonal produce to deliver to its members daily.