5 Questions With...
NAME: Michael Romano
COLLEGE: Art Institute of Jacksonville, Fl -2010
CITY OF RESIDENCE: Fort Lauderdale, Fl
POSITION: Executive Chef at Deck 84
1. What’s your favorite new item on the Deck 84 menu and why? Chicken Caprese Sandwich, Because it is something i would make for myself any time i had those ingredients around
2. What would people be surprised to find in your fridge? Homemade dog food for our Boykin Spaniel "Flossy"
3. What’s the one food trend that won’t go away fast enough? Kale!! Not as good for you as you might think.
4. What about the restaurant industry keeps you going? Though we may serve a lot of the same food each day, what keeps me going is serving great quality food, to make our guests raving fans! Nothing is the same each day; there is always a welcoming challenge here at Deck 84.
5. What would your ‘final meal’ be? Anything from my dad, he is the reason I am a chef today. I always enjoyed cooking with him for holidays or just for the family and I really enjoyed hearing