Recipe Corner: Sun-dried Tomato Hummus
- 2 can chickpeas, drained
- 8 cloves garlic, roasted in olive oil
- 6 sprigs parsley, lightly chopped
- 1.5 tsp sesame oil
- 1.25 oz. sundried tomato, chopped
- 1.5 tsp kosher salt
- 1 fl. Oz. lemon juice – roughly ½ of a lemon
- 3 fl. Oz. olive oil
- 2 fl. Oz. extra virgin olive oil
- Add sundried tomatoes to food processor with sesame oil and process until sundried tomatoes are well chopped, 20-30 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl of the food processor, except for the oil, and process for 20-30 seconds longer.
- With the food processor running, slowly add the oil to the chickpea mixture, about another 15-20 seconds.
- Check the seasonings and texture of the hummus. If you prefer smoother
yield = 1 qt